800-786-2178

Register

Login

GuardianSSI Exhibiting at NAFED Conference & Expo March 3 – 4 in Las Vegas

Guardian Safety Solutions International, Inc. (GSSI), the leader in the development and manufacturing of superior fire suppression equipment for commercial occupancies where residential appliances are in use, is exhibiting at the National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED). The Sectional Conference & Expo, is March 3 – 4, at the Monte Carlo Casino & Resort, Las Vegas. NAFED’s guiding mission is gathering and disseminating information and ideas that will improve the world’s fire protection and increase the fire protection industry’s competence.

“NAFED is a key player in the fire protection industry showcasing the latest technological advances. That’s why we are launching our new Guardian G600B, the only current listed system designed toG600B photo work with an over the stove microwave,” said Paul Rouse, GSSI’s administrative officer. “Our Guardian products are designed to detect and extinguish fires and prevent re-ignition in senior housing facilities, college campuses, churches, fire stations, hospitals and other commercial occupancies,” Rouse said.

“The Guardian fire suppression systems are increasingly accepted nationwide as authorities are educated to the hazard protection advantages the GSSI systems provide,” Rouse added. “The support we give our distributors is unrivaled from excellent tech support, a website with online training and the addition of new innovative products.”

Benefits of Guardian systems include automatic operation, continuous 24-hour protection, concealed installation, easy clean-up and proven reliability. For end users, Guardian Fire Suppression Systems offer substantial savings over a traditional commercial system.

Guardian Fire Suppression Systems have been used and supported in more than 400,000 installations worldwide and have been UL listed since 1985. For more information, contact GSSI at 800-786-2178 or visit www.guardianssi.com. “Like” Guardian on Facebook at GuardianSSI and follow on Twitter @GuardianSSI.

# # #
Media Contact:
Susan Tellem
Tellem Grody PR
310.313.3444 x1
Susan@tellemgrodypr.com

Comments (0) Colleges, Hotels and Motels, Other, Press Releases, Schools, Senior Living

Read more

Keep Summer BBQs Safe!

Even though we manufacture the world’s best residential range top fire protection equipment, we like to focus on all sorts of fire safety as well.

Recently, a home in Wichita, Kansas was nearly burned to the ground after a fire broke out in the garage. The homeowner had attempted to use an outdoor BBQ in his garage to cook, and though he only left the grill unattended for a brief few moments, the ultimate damages cost him about $75,000, though thankfully not his life. This man was incredibly fortunate since each year a dozen or more people are killed after attempting to use outdoor grills inside.

BBQPropane, gas and charcoal grills produce large quantities of carbon monoxide, and even small amounts of this gas can lead to severe injuries and even death. In addition, we can’t see or smell carbon monoxide, so the buildup of the deadly gas in an unventilated area can easily be undetected until it’s too late! Even low levels of carbon monoxide exposure can cause symptoms similar to the flu, like dizziness, headache, and nausea.

Unfortunately, people disregard these symptoms and do not realize that they are not getting enough fresh air to counteract the poisonous gas. It’s important to be sure your home and workplace are equipped with up to date CO detectors.

Here are some tips to keep your summer cookouts safe and healthy:
• Never use outdoor propane, gas or charcoal grills indoors, or in any other unventilated area.
• Keep charcoal and propane grills at least 10 feet away from awnings and buildings. Also keep them clear of any trees or bushes, and always on a flat surface.
• Never store propane tanks near the grill itself.
• Always turn gas off completely, and check tanks for any cracks before refilling.
• Ignite propane with the lid off, since gas can accumulate under a closed lid and explode.
• Never wear loose clothing when using a grill, be sure to use oven mitts and have a water source close by at all times.
• When finished, dispose of charcoal ashes in a metal container, but only after they are completely cool.

Practice safe grilling, and have a healthy, happy summertime!

Comments (0) Blog, Other

Read more

Congratulations to the New York Fire Department!

FDNYMedalDayFFNWe are happy to congratulate the New York Fire Department who held their 146th annual Medal Day at New York City Hall on June 3rd! Among the brave service men and women awarded were 13 Fire Officers, one Fire Marshall, 26 Firefighters, 2 Emergency Medical Service Officers, four paramedics and four Emergency Medical Technicians. Four fire companies also received unit medals.

Mayor Bill de Blasio and Fire Commissioner Daniel A. Nigro presided over the ceremony, and their heartfelt gratitude and pride were undeniably felt in the words they spoke to the honorees: “It’s part of what makes us proud as New Yorkers – this extraordinary department…It epitomizes the strength, the resiliency, the bravery, the professionalism, the sense of innovation – all of which we see is part of what is great about New York City, what we are proud of as New Yorkers – the very characteristics that make us proud to say this is our home,” said the Mayor.

Fire Commissioner Nigro added, “In our storied history, countless lives have been saved, and as we march forward, we will continue to work and train hard, and we will always make good on our promise to the people of New York to go into the danger and save lives.”

For the first time ever, this year’s ceremony awarded medals to probationary firefighters (Jordan C. Sullivan of Ladder Company 105, Justin L. Tallett of Ladder 107, and Marlon Q. Sahai of Ladder 9), whose bravery and discipline in times of need proved them to be promising and stand-out new additions to the department. In addition, the prestigious James Gordon Bennett Medal was given to Captain William J. Grant (Staten Island Engine Company 168), and the Dr. Harry M. Archer Medal was awarded to Firefighter Kevin J. Hogan (Ladder Company 114 in Brooklyn). The Christopher J. Prescott Medal was graciously given to EMTs Shaun Alexander and Kadijah Hall (Station 58) who were not even on-duty when they raced to the rescue of an injured police officer in Brooklyn.

Congratulations to the New York Fire Department, to all the recipients of this year’s medals, and to all the men and women who tirelessly serve their city’s people in the name of fire prevention and safety. We appreciate you!

Comments (0) Blog, Other

Read more

Accidental Stove Fire Damages YWCA

ywca fireAn early morning fire at the Prince Albert YWCA on Monday was caused by combustible material being left on a stove top.  A plastic kettle melted on the stove starting a fire.  This is why all materials like oven mitts, paper, kitchen tools, dish towels, aprons and even post and pans should not be left on the stove where they can ignite. Read more of the story here.

 

Comments (0) Blog, Other

Read more