800-786-2178

Register

Login

Toddler Injured in Cooking Fire

toddler fireThe Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports a toddler was injured in a cooking fire.  According to the report by Meg Jones, “A one-year-old boy was burned in a house fire Monday evening. When firefighters arrived at the two-family home around 7:30 p.m., the child and his mother were already outside the home in the 1700 block of W. Capitol Drive, said Battalion 2 Chief Kenton Kais. The boy suffered first- and second-degree burns on his arms and right leg and was taken to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, where he was expected to recover.The blaze was caused by a cooking fire. Fire crews were on the scene for 1 1/2 hours.” Create a three-foot “child-free zonearound the stove. Keep children and pets away from the stove while cooking to prevent burns and scalds

 

Comments (0) Residential

Read more

Unattended Cooking Fire House Tour

australia house fire

We hope not, because the majority of of all house fires start in the kitchen.  In this video from Australia, Fire Investigator Mick Forbes walks us through a unit destroyed by fire  – the cause was a pot left unattended on the stove.  Do you leave cooking unattended?  Check out the tour of this burned out home here: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=781797655188147

Comments (0) Markets, Residential

Read more