800-786-2178

Register

Login

GuardianSSI Exhibiting at OAFED Conference

GuardianSSI Exhibiting at OAFED Conference

Dallas – October 23, 2013 – Guardian Safety Solutions International Inc. (GSSI), the leader in the development and manufacturing of residential range top fire protection systems, is exhibiting at the Oklahoma Association of Fire Equipment Dealers, Inc. (OAFED) Conference, October 25 – 26, at Will Rogers Park, Oklahoma City, OK.  OAFED’s guiding mission is to improve standards and ensure professionalism.

“We are delighted to demonstrate our ‘Guardian Solution’ range top suppression system at NAFED,” said Paul Rouse, GSSI’s administrative officer. “This is extremely important as there are 34,000 kitchen fires each day causing more than $7 billion in damage every year.” He added that more than 12 million unintentional home cooking fires go unreported causing 640,000 injuries annually.

GSSI manufactures the Guardian III Model G300B, UL and ULC listed with a fuel shut-off. “The Guardian is designed to detect and extinguish cooking fires and prevent re-ignition in private homes, apartments, senior housing, college campuses, hospitals and other facilities. Even older kitchens can be retrofitted as well,” Rouse said. (See how the Guardian works here http://bit.ly/WF5Nas).

Once it detects heat at a pre-determined temperature, the Guardian sends a signal to release an extinguishing agent that suppresses the fire. The Guardian will also shut off the gas or electric supply to the stove in order to prevent reigniting. The design of the system offers:

· automatic operation

· continuous 24-hour protection

· concealed installation

· easy clean-up

· proven reliability

About GSSI

Protecting families worldwide since 1985, Guardian Safety Solutions International Inc. is the recognized leader in the development and manufacturing of residentialrange top fire protection systems. GSSI’s mission is to develop and distribute quality safety products that provide customers with peace of mind, while protecting lives and property.

Comments (0) Blog, Markets, Multi-Family, Residential

Read more

Massachusetts Cooking Fire Claims Life of 71 Year Old

A very sad story came out of Rockland, MA this week.  Mary Gammon, age 71 tragically lost her life.  This accident happened as a result of her cooking, and it ended with her death.  State Fire Marshal Stephen D. Coan said that, “elderly people are at greater risk for injuries from cooking fires.”

Cooking fire...

Cooking fire…

It is an important reminder of how safety must be of the utmost concern when we are cooking. It is especially sad that this story happened so soon after Fire Prevention Week.  For the full story please read this article in the Patriot Ledger.

-GSSI Staff

Comments (0) Blog

Read more

Fire Prevention Week Wrap Up

big-tankAs a nice wrap up to Fire Prevention Week with an emphasis on preventing kitchen fires, The Nap Time Reviewer posted a wonderful blog article by our own Paul Rouse about the dangers of hotel and motel fires.  Every year there are almost 4,000 hotel and motel fires reported to U.S. fire departments, resulting in $76 million in property loss, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. Almost 50 percent of these fires are started by cooking.  Since Paul started in the fire prevention business years ago, many positive changes have been made to make hotel and motel kitchens safer, but fires still do happen.

Comments (0) Blog, Hotels and Motels

Read more

It’s Fire Prevention Week: Stop Cooking Fires

Paul Rouse, Administrative Officer/Sales & Operations Director for Guardian Safety Solutions International, Inc. and fire suppression educator and expert, joined eHealth Radio and the Safety Channel for an interview about Fire Prevention Week.  You can hear the whole podcast here and learn more.  Some important items were discussed, including:

  • Cooking can easily start a fire on the stove top – how can we prevent them?
  • What are some typical causes of cooking fires?
  • How does our guardian system work?
  • What are some tips for  listeners to prevent cooking fires?

 

 

Comments (0) Blog

Read more

High Price Tag For Cooking Fire In Massachusetts

Last Thursday a scary cooking fire ended with quite a large bill. The final cost in destruction was close to $20,000! The fire happened in the Forest Park area of Springfield, MA. Luckily the high price was the worst of everybody’s problems as nobody was injured.

springfield house fire

As you might remember we wrote about the many cooking fire’s that happen in Springfield. Looks like we can add another to the list. For more info on this particular fire please read the entire article here.

-GSSI Staff

Comments (0) Blog

Read more

Cooking Fire Displaces Texas Family of Four

News from FOX44 – Temple, Texas…

A Monday evening cooking fire has left a family of four homeless.  Temple Fire & Rescue responded the fire Monday, in the 2400 Block of Valley Forge Avenue.  The first Engine Company arrived to find moderate smoke coming from a downstairs apartment of a four unit apartment complex. Firefighters confirmed everyone was out of the apartment as they began an interior attack. Due to the potential for fire spreading to the other three apartment units and as a precaution, the incident commander requested a second alarm assignment sending two additional Engine companies and one Rescue Company on the call.

october_temple_fireFire investigation determined the fire was unintentional and started from unattended cooking. One of the adults cooking became distracted and forgot to turn off the stove prior to leaving the apartment. The kitchen sustained heavy fire damage with the living room, bedrooms and bathroom receiving smoke and heat damage. A dollar loss has not been calculated. The apartment was protected by working smoke alarms. There were no injuries. The American Red Cross is working with the two adults and two children to assist with their immediate needs

Comments (0) Blog, Multi-Family

Read more