800-786-2178

Register

Login

Teen Dies While Cooking After Drinking

A teen died in a late night cooking fire after arriving home after drinking alcohol. The teen, 17 year-old, Alex Lewis, started his meal fell asleep and died from smoke inhalation.  His life might have been spared had he not attempted to cook after drinking and if his home had been outfitted with smoke detectors.  Unattended cooking is a risk for all young people especially college students in apartments. Parents should consider the Guardian system for putting the fire out quickly to minimize damage and injury.

Comments (0) Blog, Colleges, Residential

Read more