Fire Marshall Gives Good Advice About Cooking Fires

Comments (0) Blog, Multi-Family

The Sunderland, MA fire marshal’s office promotes two safety-related messages about avoiding cooking fires:

Stand by your pan. Stay in the kitchen while you’re cooking

Put a lid on it. Should a stove top fire occur, place a lid over it and turn off the heat, and the flames should smother.

This after unattended cooking caused a fire at Cliffside Apartments that sent one to the hospital with smoke inhalation. Spokeswoman Jennifer Mieth said Thursday evening that “an individual noticed the fire start, but suffered smoke inhalation after entering the room to try and put it out. That person was transported to the hospital.” Read more here http://www.gazettenet.com/a1-sunderland-fire-cause-11800077.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *