800-786-2178

Register

Login

Ozzy Osbourne Starts a Bacon Sandwich Cooking Fire

Even the rich and famous are not protected from cooking fires.  Ozzy Osbourne reportedly started a house fire earlier this week when he tried to make a bacon sandwich as a midnight snack.  He tried to burn down his house according to his wife Sharon Osbourne in a tweet. “I’m in London, @OfficialOzzy is in LA making a bacon sandwich last night and the fire brigade ended up at our house!!”

ozzy-osbourne-stretch-640x409This isn’t the first time the Black Sabbath frontman’s house needed the fire department’s help.  Sharon also tried to burn the house down in the past with candles, and the fire department showed up then as well.  Lesson #1: When you are cooking, stay in the kitchen until your meal is ready!

Comments (0) Blog, Residential

Read more

Hickory, NC Man Hurt in Kitchen Fire

Another day brings another story of a tragic cooking fire. This time it takes place in Hickory, NC. In fact, the man in question had to go to the hospital. Firefighters came rushing to a residence where there had been an explosion. Inside they found two people that lived there and smoke coming out.

One of these residents  was a man who was burned and firefighters took him to the hospital immediately. We hope that everybody involved has a quick and speedy recovery. To read more on the story please click HERE.

Cooking fire...

Cooking fire…

Comments (0) Blog, Residential

Read more

Massachusetts Fatal Fire Caused By Unattended Cooking

A 65 year old woman sadly lost her life this week in Springfield, MA because of a cooking fire.  The woman’s daughter and a family pet were able to escape, but a neighbor who tried to rescue the woman was unsuccessful.  It was reported that two pans of food had been left unattended on a stove in the kitchen.  It’s the most common cause of fires in Springfield.  A local representative said that, “If anybody is cooking with oil or grease they should stay and watch what they are cooking.”  More information about the fire can be found here http://bit.ly/17NuzcX.

springfield house fire

Comments (0) Blog, Markets, Residential, Senior Living

Read more

Think Before You Cook – Advice from Albany Fire Dept.

albany fire deptThe Albany Fire Department has some wise advice for those of you who love to cook..pay close attention and think before you cook.  This year alone, the Department had 124 structure fires – 56 were kitchen fires.

Comments (0) Blog, Residential

Read more

Cooking Can Be Hazardous to College Life

According to “I’ll Miss You Too: An Off-to-College Guide for Parents and Students,” some of the biggest parental fears surrounding sending kids off to college focus on safety issues. While safety is a top priority, fear of kitchen fires probably ranks well below safety concerns about drugs, alcohol, crime and other campus issues.  According to Guardian Safety Solutions International (www.guardianssi.com), college fires should move up to the top of parents and university housing concerns since 72 percent of college campus fires are cooking related. Cooking fires also cause more than $25 million in damages to college campuses each year.   Read more at HealthNewsDigest http://www.healthnewsdigest.com/news/Safety_310/Cooking-Can-Be-Hazardous-to-College-Life.shtml.

 

Comments (0) Colleges, Schools

Read more

Guardian to Exhibit at National Association of State Fire Marshals Conference

exhibitWe are exhibiting at the National Association of State Fire Marshals 2013 Conference, August 7 – 9, at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown (booth #4). We are excited to demonstrate our ‘Guardian Solution’ range top fire suppression system that protects against a range top fire before it causes property damage or injuries, and believe that the conference is critical in helping to maximize the impact of fire prevention and safety through education. Fire Marshals are responsible for fire safety code adoption and enforcement, fire and arson investigation, fire incident data reporting and analysis, public education and advising Governors and State Legislatures on fire protection. It’s an important audience for GSSI.

Be sure to “Like” Guardian on Facebook at Fire Prevention News www.facebook.com/GuardianSSI and follow on Twitter @GuardianSSI.

Comments (0) Blog

Read more